Thursday, September 13, 2007

this is my room mate brushing her teeth. she kept moving a lot so i tried to sketch her fast. i didn't draw her face because it would've been unflattering to say the least.



this one is my favorite, even though it's the simplest one. i like how she is sitting and i thnk i did an ok job of drawing her.......and no face!


i named this one perfect guy because he was pretty still and he was sitting in a perfect position head on. i tried to put a face on him and i'm glad i tried but it didn't turn out how i wanted it.


i did this one at my cubicle. the head turned out lopsided but i think you get a good feel for how the figure was positioned.


here are my four drawings of people. they were done in different places: campus, studio, starbucks, and mt apartment. i didn't draw many faces because i feel like the picasso-ish faces i draw on people when i'm in a hurry to get the figure down take away from my drawings.

1 comment:

Sarah Ladd said...

I really like these. My favorite is also the second one--she looks so peaceful and there is a real grace to your lines. The simplicity of these figures is nice, mostly negative space. The proportions are good and you did a great job with perspective and proportion on the legs of the guy in the third one. I have lots of trouble with crossed legs. Nice work!