Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pencil Box

This is the fold out with the pencils from the side.
This corner was made using scoring. I really like this technique because it makes your corners look very clean and precise.
This was one of my many lids. I'm glad I went back and cleaned up the lid and made the cuts thinned and cleaner.





This is my pencil box. I had numerous ideas come to me at first, but I really liked the fold out/accordian idea best. It displays the pencils very well and each pencil as it's own slot. I chose black and white because I thought that made it look very crisp. The only problem is that white gets dirty very easily. My favorite is the black striped paper. I cut rectangles into the top to give it some depth. The hardest part was making those cuts very clean. I designed the box to look boring on the outside so when you open it and get a fold out it's a complete surprise. I like things that are hidden and require attention to find out its secrets.

No comments: