Saturday, December 8, 2007

design research: 10 graphic designs/layouts


This is a very striking add. It has a huge contrast to it with placing something so structured into a very organic enviroment. The product in the middle has rectangles that are placed perfectly apart.

This add is very clean. The girl sitting on the couch is wearing all white, along with white hair. This is a very nice detail. A big surprise in this add is that the text is brown. I would think they would go for the traditional black text.

This add uses only the product and nothing else to guide your eye. I like all the different stripe on the couch and the pillows. The use of color helps draw you eye where it needs to go. i love the simplicity of the layout.

Flipping through a magazine you almost never see a pink add. I like the tropical feel of the add and the very casual text. I also like really cool fish up in the corner. There is only one white one, which gives it a neat pattern.

This is an advertisement that really caught my eye. All the little holes and shapes are cut out of the paper. I think this gives it a very unique look and the colors are very bold. It makes me want to not only look at it, but touch it as well. It is made of very thick paper which feels cool and makes the ad easy to find. The magazine naturally opens to this page because of how think the paper is.

This ad looks very sleek and put together even though it has tons of hearts all over it. It looks organized and like it has some kind of rhythm. The hearts are arranged in a pattern, yet they still look somewhat random. I think this ad is very appealing because it only has implied lines, and the shapes guide you eyes.

This is a layout for an article. I like the organic/teardrop shapes that hold the title. I also like how the shapes are shaded and how they fit together. The pictures at the bottom draw your eye across the page.

This ad is like eye candy. It all flows together somehow. You start with a black chair and end up with a red flower. I think the transition was done very well. You can follow it and it doesn't look like 3 random pictures stuck together. I also like how the images are seperated between a thin white line. This makes the ad look very clean.

No comments: