Thursday, November 29, 2007

Zine.......that took forever














This my progress zine. I tried to lay out my zine from start to finish. It was a long process and it was hard to say everything i wanted. I struggled a little bit with bordering scrapbook vs layout. In the end i just wanted to have fun with it. I used lots of fun patterns and tons of color.
My final design is my letter box. It came from my original design and then listening to what the group wanted. I really tried to have a community sense in my piece. I wanted everyone to feel that this was their time capsule. People will be given a certain amount of letters to explain what design means to them. I think words are one of the most powerful things we posses. I also think that having your ideas carved into something gives you a sense of permanence, that people knew you were there. In 20 yrs when people come back the time capsule will be cut up and dismantled. Everyone will be given their piece that has what they wrote 20 yrs ago on it.

No comments: