Thursday, October 11, 2007

A place for a memory?








This was by far the hardest project. This one was very frustrating to me. This was my first time working with plastic and it was very hard to cut. I started off with using plastic tubes that were curved. My first iteration was a disaster, it wouldn't even stand upright. My second iteration was much better. I used hard plastic tubes and cut them with a saw to descending heights. It reminded me of a clear emerald city, which was not what i was going for. My final one was the most frustrating, I couldn't figure out how to make the plastic stay together. I finally melted the plastic strips to a base. My memory was reaching for a wind chime. The tallest strip is much more steep than all the other heights and very wobbly. I did this on purpose to show how strained and off balance you are when you're really reaching.

No comments: